Sunday, February 1, 2015

Word June 2019

What pigeons learn us most home, the sentiment from a catcam, too stunning photographs of dogs... this month's news.

 I am real excited to part the word that my publisher  News June 2019


By Zazie Todd, PhD 

Wag news

I am real excited to part the word that my publisher, Greystone Books, has made the official announcement that my book, Wag: The Science of Making Your Dog Happy, volition live published inwards Spring 2020. This calendar month I accept been responding to the proof-reader’s queries too accept also seen the page spreads. After all this difficult work, it is hold upwards starting to await similar a existent book.

Some of my favourites this month

 “When they were inwards their homes, the cats spent a lot of fourth dimension next their humans around. They liked to live inwards the same room. H5N1 lot of my students were surprised at how attached cats were to people.” Animal Book Club is reading Once a Wolf: The Science Behind Our Dogs' Astonishing Genetic Evolution I am real excited to part the word that my publisher  News June 2019 past times Bryan Sykes. The mass guild reads 10 books a year, too novel members are welcome. For those who prefer full general chit-chat most brute books without a commitment to read, there's also the Animal Books Facebook group.

 I am real excited to part the word that my publisher  News June 2019

You tin observe all the books inwards my Amazon store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/animalbookclub

Upcoming webinar

On 16th July at 2pm Eastern time, I volition live doing a webinar for the Pet Professional Guild called Debunk, Support Science, or Tell a Story? How to Communicate About Dog Training too Animal Welfare. If yous desire to know how to bargain amongst misinformation inwards our champaign too how to arts and crafts an engaging message, this webinar is for you.

The webinar is opened upwards to anyone whether or non they are a fellow member of the PPG, too everyone who signs upwards volition automatically larn a recording later on the event. (Those inwards the British Isles tin sign upwards via this link instead: https://ppgbi.com/event-3358398)

Support on Ko-fi

is opened upwards to everyone too supported past times brute lovers similar you. If yous similar what yous see, yous tin buy me a java on Ko-fi, or fifty-fifty larn inwards a monthly thing.



This calendar month I’d similar to country a particular give thank yous you to Jane Appleton, Vetanswers, too several anonymous people for their back upwards too sort words. You assistance me continue this spider web log going too I actually appreciate it!

Here at

Earlier this month, I was honoured to speak at the BC SPCA Animal Behaviour Science Symposium most what domestic dog trainers postulate to know most truthful cat behaviour. Jean Donaldson’s telephone commutation Federal Reserve annotation spoken language was a rousing telephone telephone for rule too standards inwards domestic dog training. Other highlights for me included MD Chris Pachel’s workshop on communicating amongst clients, Debbie Martin’s verbalise on how trainers tin operate to a greater extent than closely amongst vets, too Kim Monteith’s inspiring verbalise most her operate amongst the pets of vulnerable people inwards Vancouver’s poorest neighbourhood. There were also wonderful talks from MD Karen van Haaften , MD Claudia Richter, Sarah Pennington, too Lisbeth Plant. The engagement for adjacent year’s conference is already set: vi – 8 June 2020.

Recently I was quoted inwards how to pet a domestic dog the correct way on Mother Nature Network, too in nosework is scentsational for dogs on Fear Free Happy Homes (this even out also includes roughly tips on nosework from teacher Sarah Owings for those wanting to hand it a try).

At my Psychology Today spider web log Fellow Creatures, I only wrote most a novel literature review on the challenges too benefits of pets for seniors. With an aging population, it’s of import theme to consider.

My ain postal service for the Train for Rewards spider web log political party looked at iii ways nosotros tin help back upwards too encourage people to role reward-based preparation methods. It follows on nicely from an before postal service on novel query that institute confidence too emotions send on people’s role of positive reinforcement. If you’ve got a reactive dog, you’ll recognize roughly of the feelings mentioned inwards that post. As well, I looked at how Hungarian domestic dog owners perceive “dominance” inwards the human relationship betwixt their dogs inwards multi-dog homes.

The Train for Rewards spider web log party

In mid-June, pet bloggers came together to celebrate the benefits of reward-based preparation inwards the fourth annual Train for Rewards spider web log party.  It was a huge success too I desire to country a big give thank yous you to everyone who took part.

 I am real excited to part the word that my publisher  News June 2019

There are roughly incredible posts most dogs too cats, too a tape issue of entries this year. MD Marc Bekoff wrote most recent query on positive reinforcement training, inwards “Bad dog?” The psychology too importance of positive reinforcement training. Jessica Ring told the even out of how she why he should live allowed to whorl inwards goose poop…   but yous should also read McGrath’s to a greater extent than serious postal service most the magic of positive reinforcement domestic dog training. But at that topographic point are many other awesome posts, also many to get upwards here. Be certain to depository fiscal establishment check them all out!

Pets inwards art

This month’s pets inwards fine art is titled Cat on Doorstep, too is past times Henry Stacy Marks.

 I am real excited to part the word that my publisher  News June 2019


It’s inwards the collection of the Art Institute of Chicago too is dated 1849-1848.

Zazie Todd, PhD, is the writer of Wag: The Science of Making Your Dog Happy I am real excited to part the word that my publisher  News June 2019. She is the founder of the pop spider web log , where she writes most everything from preparation methods to the human-canine relationship. She also writes a column for Psychology Today too has received the prestigious Captain Haggerty Award for Best Training Article inwards 2017. Todd lives inwards Maple Ridge, BC, amongst her husband, i dog, too ii cats.

Useful links:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. As an Etsy affiliate, I earn from qualifying Etsy purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment